Data security threats continue to increase in number and sophistication. The growing use of collaborative technologies – from mobile devices and social media to virtualization and cloud computing – will continue to be one of the most significant factors impacting the security landscape. For these reasons, the federal government has increased efforts to minimize and prevent cyber security attacks, and will continue to place significant focus on securing the nation's cyber infrastructure.
Digital Government Institute's 6th annual Cyber Security Conference -- which is free for government professionals to attend -- will explore today's cyber threats and offer an opportunity for those supporting government security initiatives to collaborate on how to detect, protect, and respond to these challenges.
Travis Reese, President & Chief Operating Officer, Mandiant, and former Special Agent with the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations, will discuss "State of the Hack".
The information security firm Mandiant recently released a report stating an elite unit of Chinese hackers allegedly waged a massive cyber-espionage campaign against U.S. companies. Since the report was released, Mandiant executives have briefed Senate and Congressional Committees on cyber threats and the Pentagon has announced plans to expand its ranks of cyber warfare operators in U.S. Cyber Command.
Certificate of Completion
Digital Government Institute provides a Certificate of Completion for attendees to show proof of attendance when submitting CEUs to fulfill SSCP, CISSP, ISSEP, ISSMP, ISSAP, CSSLP, CAP, etc. certification requirements.
What Attendees Said...
What Attendees Said About the 2012 Conference:
- "Great speakers. As always, DGI has well structured conferences."
- I enjoyed "Diverse topics, mixture of industry & government presenters, right breadth of detail, Q & A sections."
- "Another Great Job – Wow! Great attendance."
- "Thank you for providing free-for-Feds training opportunity.”
- "I liked that you had numerous topics and speakers who spoke for short period."
- "Every speaker was exceptional. I am leaving with so much more knowledge then when I arrived. I am so glad I attended and look forward to the next one! Thank you to all panels!"