The amount of data used by organizations has been exploding -- 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last four years alone, and much of it is unstructured. It's not just the amount of data that presents challenges; the types of data being collected are changing and coming from everywhere: sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos posted online, transaction records of online purchases, and from cell phone GPS signals to name a few.
Analyzing large data sets -- or big data -- has become increasingly complex when needing to identify trends, combat crime, drive efficiency and quality, and reduce fraud and errors. Developing a Big Data plan can deliver many opportunities, but with these opportunities also come challenges, such as how to capture, store, manage, share, analyze, search and protect large amounts of data -- as well as having the right employee skills who can derive actionable insight from large amounts of data through analytical techniques and statistical analysis.
Participate in Digital Government Institute's 5th Annual Big Data Conference & Expo, and explore
- How to effectively address the overwhelming task of managing big data
- How to harness the power of large amounts of data
- The technological developments that allow analysts to store, manage and analyze large and diverse datasets
- The potential benefits big data applications and solutions can provide agencies, including the ability to integrate disparate datasets for analysis and interagency cooperation
Master Data Management at the NRC
Cris Brown, Master Data Management Program Manager, Financial Systems Branch, Division of the Controller, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Summary: NRC recently completed a Master Data Management (MDM) implementation. The MDM project and overall program were initiated with the use of DevOps and helped to move the Agency to broader Agile awareness and adoption. The session will cover the goals of the MDM project, lessons learned during implementation and what lies ahead.
What Attendees Say...
What Attendees Enjoyed Most About the 2015 Conference:
- "The speakers were excellent. The passion about their topic and what they are working on was evident."
- "A well organized conference."
- "Topics were presented well and relevant. Speakers were engaging and kept a good pace."
- "(I enjoyed) networking and new ideas."
- "I most appreciated knowledge of the speakers and the real life examples."
- "Great way to be kept informed of the big data trend in government agencies."
For More Information
For more details on attending or sponsoring this event, email us.