The amount of data used by organizations has been exploding -- 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone, and much of it is unstructured. It's not just the amount of data that presents challenges; the types of data being collected are changing and coming from everywhere: sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos posted online, transaction records of online purchases, and from cell phone GPS signals to name a few.
Analyzing large data sets -- or big data -- has become increasingly complex when needing to identify trends, combat crime, drive efficiency and quality, and reduce fraud and errors. Developing a Big Data plan can deliver many opportunities, but with these opportunities also come challenges, such as how to capture, store, manage, share, analyze, search and protect large amounts of data -- as well as having the right employee skills who can derive actionable insight from large amounts of data through analytical techniques and statistical analysis.
Participate in Digital Government Institute's 3rd Annual Big Data Conference & Expo, and explore
- How to effectively address the overwhelming task of managing big data
- How to harness the power of large amounts of data
- The technological developments that allow analysts to store, manage and analyze large and diverse datasets
- The potential benefits big data applications and solutions can provide agencies, including the ability to integrate disparate datasets for analysis and interagency cooperation
What Attendees Said...
What Attendees Said About the 2013 Conference:
- "All presenters were very knowledgeable."
- I enjoyed "Industry experts view of what is coming. Agencies’ approach to Big Data & knowledge management."
- "Very good speakers. Better explanations of technologies than in past."
- "Good overview of the issues and innovations in this space."
- "I enjoyed hearing about new trends in Big Data and approaches to problems."
- "Good overview, providing context before technology sessions."
- "Great speakers and topics for Big Data concepts; eye opener for future."
- "Quality of speakers. All were very solid 7 knowledgeable. Many good geek jokes."
- "Great conference as always, thanks."
- "All speakers are very knowledgeable and experienced – Good Group."
For More Information
For more details on attending or sponsoring this event, email us.