The amount of data used by organizations has been exploding -- 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last three years alone, and much of it is unstructured. It's not just the amount of data that presents challenges; the types of data being collected are changing and coming from everywhere: sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos posted online, transaction records of online purchases, and from cell phone GPS signals to name a few.
Analyzing large data sets -- or big data -- has become increasingly complex when needing to identify trends, combat crime, drive efficiency and quality, and reduce fraud and errors. Developing a Big Data plan can deliver many opportunities, but with these opportunities also come challenges, such as how to capture, store, manage, share, analyze, search and protect large amounts of data -- as well as having the right employee skills who can derive actionable insight from large amounts of data through analytical techniques and statistical analysis.
Participate in Digital Government Institute's 4th Annual Big Data Conference & Expo, and explore
- How to effectively address the overwhelming task of managing big data
- How to harness the power of large amounts of data
- The technological developments that allow analysts to store, manage and analyze large and diverse datasets
- The potential benefits big data applications and solutions can provide agencies, including the ability to integrate disparate datasets for analysis and interagency cooperation
Dr. David Bray, 2015 Eisenhower Fellow and Chief Information Officer, Federal Communications Commission, will present," Going Exponential: Public Service IT in Midst of Global Change."
What Attendees Said...
What Attendees Enjoyed Most About the 2014 Conference:
- "Good communication on cutting edge with relevance to government applications."
- "The fresh topics and presenters."
- "Diverse set of knowledge base coming from a distinguished set of speakers."
- "Practical aspects of HADOOP and streaming analytics and end-to-end solutions."
- "The effectiveness of each presenter."
- "All aspects were very informative."
- "Great as usual. Always current topics and useful information."
- "Various perspectives on impact of Big Data technology."
For More Information
For more details on attending or sponsoring this event, email us.